Sunday, May 03, 2009

Fort Worth Gun Show

Just in from the Fort Worth Gun Show. The Dearly Beloved was there to look for his birthday present [am I not the BEST wife, ever?] I was just there to browse around, partly for me and partly to scout for him. I wound up buying more stuff than HE did!

I got a new, smaller pink camo range bag. I now have a three-piece set! I already had the BIG size [it will hold lots of guns, ammo, water bottle, ear protection, ibuprofen, back rub cream, Swiss Army knife, cell phone, car keys, and a change of clothes]; the one that is square and just a smidge smaller than an old-fashioned train case. NOW, I have the perfect bag for matches. It's got end pockets and two front pockets. I LIKE it, muchly.

I also got some “English Toffee Fudge.” After we sample it later, I'll let y'all know how good it is.

Talked to the Sit Means Sit trainer who took over MY trainer's franchise when he moved to Colorado last year. Nice guy, nice wife. I gushed to prospective clients how MAGNIFICENT SMS is. If you have a dog, from Yorkie to Great Dane size that needs some training...contact SitMeansSit.com. There are franchises virtually everwhere.

I hadn't been to a gun show since the Obamessiah ascended to DeeCee. I was shocked to see how the prices have jumped. The smallest increase I saw was $150 extra for a .32. Loading components? Through the roof.

Best signage... pic of B. Hussein Obama with the caption, “Gun Salesman of the Year.”

I looked at the Colt New Agent .45ACP. I liked the weight, how it felt in my hands and size. I did NOT like the “channel sights.” I can't think WHAT possessed the designer.

It was fun, for the first 3 hours. Dearly Beloved complimented me for being patient and not complaining when he wanted to stay longer than I did. It wasn't so terribly bad. I kept reminding myself we were going to Zeke's after the show. 

3 comments:

Crucis said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time. I missed the KC Gun Show last weekend and there's not another until August!!!

I'll be deep in withdrawal by then.

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all had a good time! It's ALWAYS nice when both share the passion!

Christina RN LMT said...

I've never been to a gun show. I think I lead a deprived life!