Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

This is a universal holiday. Think about it. We all have a Mother. Whether we know her, or like her, or love her, we all have one.
Some of us have Mom. Some of us have a Mother. Others have a Ma, or maybe a Mama.
I have been lucky enough in my life to have known and loved my own "natural" {and sometimes unnatural, but that's another hystrionic} Mother, my Step-Mother, two GrandMothers, one Step-GrandMother, and two Great-GrandMothers. Another GreatGrand was alive until I was about 4 or maybe 5, but I don't remember her, only hearing stories about her. Thanks to loving and generous friends, I was also blessed with many "Mother figures", women who were there to listen and nurture and advise and empathise,without judging, without making me feel uncomfortable or awkward. For all of these women I will always be eternally grateful.

I have a love of men, babies, cooking, gardening, flowers, books, music, good clothes, quality jewelry, and words because of the influence of these women.
These women also taught me to hate cruelty, intolerance, ignorance, and bad spleeing.
They also taight me that a sense of humor and a trust in a higher power will get you through.

Well, don't expect such lovely ruminations tomorrow. I'll be back to ranting by then.
HollyB

No comments: