Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gringo Pistolero

Isn't it grand when you can get paid [even a small amount] to write about something you truly admire? Well I fell into such an opportunity last week.

There was a call for articles about your favorite song. You were required to mention the name of the song and the writers name[s] several times in the body of the article explaining why it is your favorite.

My favorite song is Gringo Pistolero, written by Tim Henderson and Allen Damron. It's been my favorite song for about 19 years now. That's a LONG time for a song to be in the number one position. If you want to read the article you can find it here. Just be glad I pared it down from it's original 1200+ words.

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

aw, you just like that song 'cause'n you married one.

NotClauswitz said...

That's a very nice article!

HollyB said...

Thanks, Dirtcrashr.
Allen was a heckuva man. And Tim is just an experience so unique, you gotta be there to truly appreciate the experience.

I hope my deep appreciation for the song showed.