Saturday, August 11, 2007

Last Post

for several days, try to cope.
I have had such a GRAND time here in Killeen. Visiting with fam, and making new friends.
Thursday, My Cousin, Mel and I finally got together and visited for a few fours. He's on his way back to Baghdad now. He had been home for his R&R. We talked about old times and new times; our Moms, our kids, our Bros. His older son, John, took a class 1st Summer Session from my Youngest Bro, Danny, @ A&M. Now John managed to pass it in one try. Pretty good, considering there were students in there taking the class for the 2nd and 3rd time.

Y'day was Danny's b'day so after I sang an off-key rendition of "Happy B'day" to my "Baby" bro; I just had to ask, "Just how much of a hard a$$ are you, anyway?" He chuckled and said, "Oh, I had one kid who was takin' that class for the 4th time. And one of the tests, at least 75% of the questions he had seen before, and he STILL couldn't get them correct!" We were both wondering HOW he got into TAMU in the first place if he's that dumb.

Y'day I spent some time with Mel's Mother, Melba. She and my Daddy were 1st cousins. Now Daddy was an only child, so Melba was the closest he came to havin' a sister. Melba only had a sister, so Daddy was kinda like her brother. We always have a good time together. We had lunch and just talked about family and caught up on all the gossip. And remembered. That's the most fun we have. Remembering my grandparents and my Daddy.

But, now, I have to go load the mini-van and then Mom and I have to hit the road.
Y'all have a nice weekend and I'll post when I'm back home next Thursday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun. Will miss you, hot stuff. Be careful.

FHB said...

Have a great time, and stay the hell out of the sun. It's gonna be a scorcher this week.

g bro said...

If Kerouac knew it would come to this.........

phlegmfatale said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time reminiscing with loved ones. I can imagine how nice it was to spend time with Melba. :)

Anonymous said...

You can get authorization even if you have got bad credit problems like individual bankruptcy, arrears, CCJs, home foreclosure [url=http://www.lfxgj.co.uk/]http://www.shorttermloanspapa.co.uk/[/url] short term loans Online is an amazing method that helps you getting every loan authorized in a flash so you don http://www.shorttermloanspapa.co.uk/