I copied the below from Chuck Z's blog:
From the L.A. Times (Ack. Spit)
1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County, so approx. 1.2 million people speak something other than English or Spanish, prolly Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, or Dutch).(All the above from the Los Angeles Times) (Ack. Spit)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration.
The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was, (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay), a NET $70 BILLION/year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University ].
The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE number. (That mans other people pay for it--you and me.)
29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. (We should have a special section of law--if you're arrested for any crime, and are here illegally, we kill you and shoot your body over the border with a big catapult.)
If they can come to this country to raise Hell and demonstrate by the thousands, WHY can't they take charge over the corruption in their own country?
Because the MexGov a) Supports their protests; b)would crush them if they tried it at home; and c) they know we'll feel sorry for them and rush to meet their "needs."
We cannot afford the cost of illegal immigration. If immigrants want to come here, assimilate, pay taxes, obey the law and have marketable skills, let them in. Otherwise, send them home...NOW.