Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bad News, Good News

I've got my Irish up, good and up. Some no-account, ne'er-do-well, mouth-breathin', knuckle-draggin', mono-syllabic spoutin' cretin crawled out from under their igneous dwelling and keyed my Daughter's car from rear quarter panel to front quarter panel! It takes a very teeny,tiny, eensy, bitsy coward to key someone else's vehicle, doesn't it? And I'm not outraged just b/c it happened to my "little" girl's car, I'd be equally as ticked off if it was YOUR car that got vandalized. I promise.
Instead of going to her three classes this morning, she spent the morning at the police station filling out forms and talking to a very nice officer. She has a couple of suspects in mind and gave him the license plate numbers of their vehicles. He promised her he'd be in touch in a few days with some sort of news for her. I hope so. She still trusts Law Enforcement Officers, so I hope he keeps his promise, even if he doesn't have good news for her.

Now that the bad news is out of the way, I can tell you two pieces of GOOD news.
First - Sonic has started frying cheese cake! In little two bite size chunks, inside a graham cracker crust. It comes in a 3 chunk or a 5 chunk serving and is accompanyied by a lucious strawberry dipping sauce. Yum-Yum.

Second - we got cable internet today. Whoo-Hoo!!! It is sooooooo fast. Speedy Gonzalez fast. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon fast. We'd had verizon DSL that was slow as molasses in January for some unknown reason that Verizon was couldn't seem to explain or fix. So we switched. It's like a whole new world! I LIKE IT! I am a happy camper tonight. I just finished transferring my address book. Have to transfer a few web sites and I'm good to go!
Better go check a few sites and get under the covers before the first ice storm since February hits town in about an hour.
Y'all stay warm and dry, too.

2 comments:

Flo said...

Poor ABG! (I always have to remind myself that stands for Angel Baby Girl and not arterial blood gases.) Tell her Aunt Flo will come help beat up that creep.

Now see, if you lived up here, the ice storm would already be over and you'd be waiting for the snow!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Floozie's comments - do we AAotA's need to saddle up and hunt the bastage down? Grrrrr....kiss ABG for me and tell her she can tag me (us) anytime.

The "weather" is rolling into LR - watched the front move in and felt the temp take a dive within less than a half hour.

Oh, and when I first started reading I thought you were going to let fly about that "open letter to America" from Ahminebijihad (Can't pronounce it much less splee it). What a waste of air we could be putting to better use. *harumph and snort*

Button up your overcoats...

Cheers!
Cait