Monday, June 29, 2009

Recent Deaths of Celebrities

As I sit here watchin' the Today show, I am struck by their shallow coverage.
Ed McMahon served our country honorably as a pilot and went on to give us years of entertainment as Johnny Carson's sidekick. How many of us went to bed with Johnny and Ed 5 times a week for years?

A brave, beautiful Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with anal cancer. One of her last gifts to us was her documentary about her disease and the ways she fought it and tried to maintain a hopeful outlook. I have no doubt the sharing of her story gave and will give hope and inspiration to cancer patients, especially those stricken with anal cancer, everywhere. There seems to be a stigma attached to anal cancer that is not assigned to most other types of cancer. Farrah came out of the closet will lessen that stigma in the way Barbara Bush help lessen stigma about depression and Betty Ford lessened the stigma of addiction to prescription drugs and alcohol.
Another of Farrah's gifts to the world, albeit 30 years ago was that ubiquitous poster in the red swim suit. Almost every man I know had that poster on their wall [or ceiling] during their teen years.

Have you seen any main stream media tribute to either of these outstanding Americans other than the initial reports of their deaths? I didn't think so. Those whores are too busy giving air time to an admittedly talented musician who led a private life as a bizarre individual who sexually molested little boys in ways big and small.
As the Dearly Beloved said, he was a "trans-racial pedophile." I have no doubt he is currently standing before some Higher Power trying to justify his actions with NO effect.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Agreed- yet again MSM is bending over to satisfy one small segement of society.

g bro said...

Thank you. I've been sick of Michael Jackson for 20 years. Nothing has happened in that time to improve my opinion; just the opposite.

g bro said...

I looked up the timeline. I was wrong; I've been over him for 25 years. "Thriller" was a great album, and all the videos were incredible. Starting with "We are the World," I could tell that there was a narcissistic and/or borderline personality disorder at work. After that, his life was a complete train wreck.