Friday, November 30, 2007

Don't Hate Me Because I'm ...

smarter than the average bear...

How smart are you?
Am-I-Dumb.com - Dumb Test

It's an old coping mechanism of mine to fall back on my intelligence when I'm feeling blue. This quiz helped a lot. So have the emails and phone calls from y'all. Thanks.

I got an email to the SoWk blog's account, so I'll have a new post on that blog up sometime this weekend. Be sure and check over there by Sunday.

Thanks, too, for bearin' with me during this temporary set back. Seems to be the season for it. Lots of us bloggers are havin' problems. Some bloggers have gone on hiatus or given it up to follow other pursuits. Some, like Scully, had their sites hacked. That really sucks! Babs RN is gone. MedicMarch is temporarily gone. Scalpel has switched to days, so he's not posting as often. Even the Docs at MDOD are slowin' down.
Y'all already know about the reason for Flo's absence. AD's been so busy at conferences he's been slowing down. But I did talk to him recently and he's promisin' a new Star of Life chapter "soon" as well as that collaboration he mentioned a while back with his "BlogFather". I can't wait for that one.
I'm sort of ambivalent about my own slump and y'all's reaction to it. On the one hand, I hope you're too busy with school, work and holiday prep that you hardly notice my lack of writing. On the other hand, I worry that you WON'T notice my absence from the blogosphere because my scribblings are just that, insignificant. Okay, enough pity and insecurity. I promise, you don't have to reassure me of your admiration and attention. That's what the site meter is for. Please, don't feel obligated. Really. I am NOT that needy. If I was truly that insecure, I wouldn't have started this blog in the first place, now would I?
SO bear with a little longer and I'll be back to my usual snark and ranting.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Slumps are okay. And don't you dare go away, cause I read your blog pretty faithfully!

phlegmfatale said...

I know I'm not the best to check on all my blogroll daily. Ok, I don't do that at all, but meeting you this year has been one of the things that has been so profoundly significant for me, and one reason I believe I'll look back at 2007 as a year of tremendous increase of self-awareness. You've helped me to be more self-assured and more sane, if that's possible, and more grounded. Even if you're not a daily poster, your blog WOULD be missed by everyone who comes here if you stopped. Your blog is one of the tiny group I consider my most deep and profound reading. Plus, you're coming off a holiday where you made an Herculean effort at pulling together a feast and welcoming a bunch of hungry bears, and all of this while staving off that URI that's plagued you - such an effort would sap anyone's emotional resources. Give yourself a break. Do something nice for yourself. You're a gem, and I treasure you.

g bro said...

Will Holly bust out of her slump? Will the sun come up tomorrow? Next question.

HollyB said...

Thanks Kate and LaP for those kind words.

GBro, Happy B'day!!!! I didn't forget, just forgot to send a card. Is this one a Prime Number?

g bro said...

Thanks, Holly! Yes, it's prime, the first one after 7 squared. (Okay, I took your quiz.)It's the first day without a 5 to 9 hour meeting since last sunday, and it was nice and quiet.

Anonymous said...

OK, I was sitting around all week waiting to hear from and a bless your heart you petered out. That's OK. Then, I leave for 2 days, come home and you've written 3 blogs. I'm in awe! You are my idol;)
Glad all is well and you're fellin' better.
Tip is so cute!