Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Karma Is Kicking My Tushy

About 3am I started sneezing and coughing and having to breathe through my mouth. That pretty much negates using the C-PAP for my sleep apnea, since the mask I have only covers my nose. I think I'm being punished for being mean to GBro and Lainy by calling them Wankers. So I take it back. But they WERE whining, IMHO.
Or maybe I'm just coming down with a rare {as in I hardly ever get one} cold. The DB is going to the store for OTC medicine and copious amounts of fluids. I know, I know... if you treat a cold it will get better in a week; if you don't it goes away in about 7 days. Stay tuned, updates will be forthcoming, and of much more interest than all the ANS stories.

And speaking of that... WHY have formerly reputable news outlets chosen to flush what little credibility they had down the plumbing devices in favor of coving her death and it's sordid aftermath like it was actually NEWSWORTHY ? She was an "exotic" dancer, with a surgically enhanced bustline, who managed to marry an uber-rich Texan. Then she became a celebrity who was famous for taking off her clothes and being stoned in public. Now she's dead, probably, though not certainly, from an overdose of a combination of legally obtained, though ill-advised substances. Give it a rest.

While I'm on the topic of overexposed, unwarranted celebrity, let me make another demand. QUIT POLLUTING the Newscasts with stories about Paris, Brittany, and all the other spoiled, rich, overpaid, pampered, drunk, stoned, pathetic celebrities, actors, singers, sports figures, whatevers who break the law, flaunt the societal mores or pretend that Thinking Adults actually CARE what their personal lives are like or what their Political Opinions are. When they go out and actually WORK for a living like the rest of us; when they can string more than three Original thoughts together; when they can construct sentences without the assistance of a publicist or a PR consultant, when they can complete a University education without cheating or having their grades "curved" to meet NCAA eligibility, THEN and only then will I consider listening to what they have to say.
That is all, for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, the news is stuck on anyone who has money and can get their face on t.v., dead or alive.

I surely hope you aren't suffering for calling me a Wanker. I really deserved that one and took it like a lady should.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Fallen' Angel said...

Nearly everyone I know has come down with something in the last month. I thought I'd dodged it but instead found myself living off Nyquil last week.
As for your thoughts on Anna, Brittney & Paris, I couldn't agree more. There are entire cable/Sat channels dedicated to that kind of trash and it makes me sick that our soldiers are rarely mentioned on a NATIONAL *NEWS* broadcast but Paris and Brittney's most recent antics are a nightly staple.
The network big three are looking more and more like a Saturday Night Live Skit and the sad thing is-they think they're on the cutting edge of journalism.
Thank goodness there are other sources out there for those of us who actually want infornation rather than the society page.
Ok...enough ranting from me.
I hope you start feeling better really soon, Holly.
Angel

Flo said...

Lainy, never turn down an apology from the Goddess!!!

Here Holly, I'll say it for Lovi--"Who pi$$ed in your post toasties today?"

SOME of us have nothing better to do than check out Bald Brittany's Bum because we want to be just like her and get the same tattoo.

However, I am not one of them. Mostly, I feel sorry for those people that can't have a nervous breakdown in private.