Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Gift!

You all owe me a Cheek Smoochie! And I want it RIGHT NOW!
For those of you unfamiliar with this tradition, I will explain.
When I was a little girl, when you got up on Christmas Eve, if you said, "Christams Eve Gift!" first to your parents, or siblings, or grandparents or the dog, or cousins, or Aunt or Uncle or who ever else was visiting for Christmas, you got a Kiss. Then you could pretend that because you had been sooooooo good you were allowed to open just ONE, teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy present from among the gajillion piled up under, around, up and in the Christmas tree.

After all, we were goin' to go from our house to Nanny's and Sister's and Mimi's, those were the constants. Some years there were also trips over to Uncle Clifford's or Aunt Leona's or Aunt Susie's. Some years we'd go out to Son's or over to Melba's.

So, since I said it first, y'all owe me a kiss. Some of you I already know and see on a regular or semi-regular basis, so I intend to collect. To those of you I have yet to meet, you remember this, because I will!
I hope you all have a wonderful celebration with your friends and family and pets gathered together to celebrate this holiday.
Please remember and send a prayer or what ever you feel is appropriate for our Police, Firefighters, Nurses, other First Responders, and all those men and women serving in the Armed Forces who cannot be with their Kith and Kin this Holiday season. They serve all of us and are all too often forgotten while we are busy celebrating.
In the words of Tiny Tim, the Original, not the freaky one, "God Bless us, every one!"

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

Cheek smoochy!
Merry Christmas, mama!